Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yonanas

For Christmas, I got a Yonanas maker from my mother-in-law. It's basically a machine that makes an ice-cream like substance out of frozen bananas or other fruit. I LOVE ice cream, especially in the summer, so I am super excited about this.

You can even put bits of frozen chocolate, peanut butter, NUTELLA (Yum!), etc. in it so there's lots of different flavors you can make. I just looked on the Yonanas website and there are recipes for pie and other desserts on there too using the Yonanas machine. How cool is that?! I've only used it once so far...I just did bananas and a couple of those mini-Reese's PB cups. The texture was really like ice cream (homemade ice cream....mmmm....), but the taste was really banana-ey. (Obviously since it was mostly bananas.) It was still pretty good though, but I think I'll try to use some different fruits to make different flavors so it won't always be so banana-ey. And some of those recipes on the website looked really good!

I think this is going to be especially awesome come summertime!

1 comment:

  1. I tried it again and added strawberries and it was a lot better. Not so banana-ey. :) The texture was more sorbet-like though this time.

    ReplyDelete