Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pictures

I was hoping to wait until I was skinnier to take family pictures, but then every time I looked at the wall at our family picture without Zach in it, I felt like he really needed to be on the wall in our family picture. So even though I'm nowhere near where I want to be, this is my family now and I just need to accept myself the way I am right now. So I bit the bullet and we went and had family pictures done.




At least this chunk is cute!
Plus, my sister had planned her wedding for the end of March. I was hoping to be thinner by then and look really cute at her wedding. Well, she moved it up 2 months and is now getting married next week! So much for that plan. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that I'm at where I'm at.

Do you avoid pictures?

2 comments:

  1. I was actually thinking about this today as I was going through some pictures of Jaden as a newborn. I wish I had let myself be in front of the camera more. At the time all I saw was my extra weight on my face, arms and tummy. But now all I see in them is a newborn baby and a happy mommy who of course was going to be carrying extra pounds. Now that that season of life is over and I AM back to where I was (mostly anyway), I wish I had just let myself have the memories captured more in picture form. We had a wedding around Jaden's 3 month mark, too, and while I don't think I looked that great, it really wasn't my day anyway. AND those pictures remind me about how far I've come and how hard I've worked. I think you'll be glad you took the family pictures, Christy. Plus, you have been making changes and I really can tell a difference, especially in your face and tone. The scale doesn't tell everything! You're awesome and I'm excited for you to have January behind you and more inches that you've taken off! :) Thanks for letting me follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Audrey. It's true...her wedding is not my day and I need to remember that. Sometimes I just hate seeing all our relatives/ward members/etc when I feel like a blimp!

    I am glad I took the family pictures. It makes me happy to have Zach on the wall now as part of our family!

    ReplyDelete