Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

30-Day Shred: A Review

I finished the 30-Day Shred. I gave it 6 weeks instead of 30 days because of the holidays and because I got sick twice. I only lost 6 pounds and 2 inches in the past 6 weeks, but at least I got back into exercising by doing it. I probably did it an average of 4 times a week during the 6 weeks, and I did all 3 levels multiple times.


Here's what I thought...

I thought it was a good way to get back into the habit of exercising because it was only 20 minutes a day. With a newborn and a toddler, that was about all I could handle. I liked that there was a variety of exercises so you weren't doing the same thing for more than 1 minute. I would recommend getting more than one size of hand weights. I used a range of 3 to 8-pound weights. Some of the exercises I was dying with the 3-pounders, and some I could push up to 8 pounds. There seemed to be a lot of exercises that were done from the plank position once you got to Level 2. Ouch! I could not stay in plank for that long. There were also a lot of squats/lunges and shoulder work. They did have some modified versions of the exercises for beginners, which I appreciated because some of them were just way too hard for my out-of-shape self. I kind of got sick of Jillian by the end, but I'm sure that's the way it is with any exercise video.

All in all though, I liked it, and I will still continue to use it for my workouts sometimes. (I may try her Ripped in 30 series next...it's harder than the Shred. I did it right before I got pregnant with Zach and it was hard, and I was in much better shape then.)

2 comments:

  1. Ive been doing Ripped in 30 week 1 for 2.5 weeks and what I think is irritating is that Jillian says about 30 times, "its only 20 minutes!" Ummm...NO. Its 36 minutes. Now 36 minutes is not that long to exersise, but quit claiming that its only 20 minutes. Other than that, I like it and week one isn't even that hard anymore! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True...I think 20 minutes means actual time doing the exercises without the pauses in between sets and stuff. I tell myself its only 20 minutes though because I can do anything for 20 minutes! I started Ripped in 30. I liked week 1, but I started week 2 today and it was HARD!

    ReplyDelete