Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Green smoothies

I have always wanted to like green smoothies. I've tried them a few times, but I just couldn't handle them. (Granted, this was when I was first pregnant with Zach, and I couldn't keep much down anyway.) But I decided to give them another try. I made a big one for Emily and I this morning and it was actually quite tasty!

It had: a big handful of spinach, a banana, about 5 big frozen strawberries, about 5 chunks of frozen pineapple, milk, and flaxseed powder.

And like I said, it was really good! Even Emily liked it.

Maybe I'll start making these more often. Here are a few more recipes for green (or veggie-added) smoothies. Some of them look really good.

Do you like green smoothies? Any good recipes you'd recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Props to you! I'm not a huge fan...yet anyway ;) Yours sounds good though! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete