Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Splurges: Planned and Unplanned

So last week, I planned for a big splurge...a Cafe Rio salad. Yeah, they're a lot of calories/fat/etc, but I love them and so I ate very good the rest of the week so I could have one on Friday. I did without the chips and cheese on top, but I had the dressing AND the tortilla. Mmmmm. I think splurges are necessary for me. I need something to look forward to in order to keep me eating healthy the rest of the week. And I think it's ok to plan them into your diet.

Then on Saturday, we had the opportunity to go to Zupas. It wasn't planned, but I figured it was salads and sandwiches so I'd be ok. I picked something off the menu that didn't seem too bad...the Turkey Spinach Artichoke sandwich. Um WRONG! When I got home and looked up the nutrition info, it was like 800 calories and 35 grams of fat!!! Seriously? For a sandwich?

So, lesson learned. Look up the nutritional information BEFORE ordering something. Even if it's an unplanned splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment