Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 18

I started trying again this week. I stuck to my menu and exercise plan. I indulged in all those things I said I was going to. And I still gained a pound. Which brings me back up to 177. But at least I TRIED. And I don't feel bad about gaining that pound because I know that I put forth the effort. Little improvements here and there that I know I can make and keep are better than one week of drastic change that I know I can't keep up with.

I also feel like I did better on letting go of guilt and comparing. It wasn't easy, mind you. I was surrounded by people this week who seem like they can do everything I want to do, and it was hard not to compare myself to them. But instead of focusing on what they are doing that I'm not, I tried focusing on what I am doing right and the small steps I am taking to change my health and well-being.

And, even if I gained, I still lost inches this month...

Bust: 41.5 (-1)
Waist: 33 (-.5)
Hips 42.5 (+/- 0)

Inches lost: This month=-1.5. Total= -6.

So, I'm going to keep trying. I made another menu plan and exercise plan. It may seem lame, but I am focusing right now on making it to the gym one morning (Thursdays) and one evening (Tuesdays) a week. And going to my church yoga class on Thursday nights. It may not seem like much, but it is something I know I can do right now. Even one early morning a week is hard for me, but at least it's something. I also walk at least 3 days a week if the weather is nice.

Keep on keeping on...even if it's a slow shuffle...

No comments:

Post a Comment