Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Week 17

I'll be honest, I didn't even try this week. And I gained a pound. I've been dealing with lots of issues the past few weeks besides trying to focus on weight loss and being healthy.

But I think I'm ready to start trying again. I've got a menu plan and an exercise plan for this week. But I've also got a birthday, a work lunch, and Easter this week. I'm going to stick to my menu and exercise plan, but I'm also going to take Matt out for his birthday, make a bunny cake with Emily for Easter, and enjoy my work lunch. And I'm not going to feel guilty for doing that.

I think I've realized that if I keep feeling guilty for everything I'm not doing that I wish I were doing, I'm never going to get anywhere.

Sure, I'd like to think I can exercise for an hour 6 days a week like I used to, or spend more time making healthy meals, or whatever, but I just can't right now, and I need to accept that. And let go of the guilt.

As Paul said in Phillipians 4:11, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

So that's what I'm going to try and do this week. Let go of the "should haves" and "wish I could haves" and focus on being content with my efforts, no matter how small they may be. I'm going to try to not compare my efforts to what I used to be able to do or what other people can do.

Do you do this? How do you let go of the guilt and the comparing?

No comments:

Post a Comment