Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 20 & Health Competition

So I mentioned I was going to do this health competition for the next 8 weeks. After 20 weeks of trying to lose this darn baby weight (and only losing 15 lbs, besides the 25 that came off during the first 6 weeks after baby) I was ready for something new. There will be 2 winners: the person who loses the most weight and the person who gets the most health points. We get points for things like exercise, drinking water, keeping a food journal, eating fruits & veggies, not eating treats, not eating after 9, and encouraging our teammates.

It started last Friday. For the competition we are weighing in on Fridays so I'm going to be changing my weigh-in day for the next 8 weeks. We also took measurements to start off with, and then we will halfway through and then at the end. So I'm going to be changing my measuring days for this too, and tracking how much I lose in the 8 weeks and then add it to my post-baby total at the end.

Starting weight: 175 pounds

Measurements
Waist: 33"
Hips: 43"
Chest: 34.5" (They are doing chest measurements for the competition, which apparently is different than a bust measurement, which is probably better for me anyway since my bust measurement sometimes depends on how recently Zach has eaten.) Click here for tips on how to measure properly.

And, as much as I hate to post this (remember how I said I think I look fine until I see a picture?), well, here are the "before" pics...


So, here's to the next 8 weeks of this competition! I'm excited to have something new to keep me motivated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment