Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Healthy living/weight loss competition

I know this is short notice, but my friend is putting together a healthy living/weight loss competition that starts TOMORROW (Friday, April 12). It's not only about losing weight, but about developing healthy habits so you get points for things like drinking water, exercising, eating fruits & veggies, not eating treats, etc. There will be 2 winners, one will be for whoever gets the most health points and the other winner will be the one who loses the most weight. There will be cash prizes for both winners. The entry fee is only $20. Email Teri at teriannking@gmail.com by Friday if you are interested in participating! I'm going to do it!

I feel like I started off really strong on this whole healthy living thing at first (when Zach was 6 weeks old and I got the ok to start exercising again), but then I got overwhelmed and have been slacking off. I think I just had too high of expectations for myself and started too big and too quick and then got frustrated that I couldn't keep up with my goals. It's been 20 weeks and I've lost 15 pounds. I think I'm ready for another push though to get me back on track. So that's why I decided to do this. I think I realistically can do it this time, and I'm excited to meet new people too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment