Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Disney dilemma

Ever since I started running in 2006, I have always wanted to run a Disney race. Problem is that they are mostly on Sundays. And I don't like to do races or run on Sundays because I like to worship on Sundays. And part of keeping the Sabbath day holy for me is not doing sporting stuff. Several years ago I decided I was going to someday run the Disneyland half marathon, which was on Labor Day (a Monday). The very next year, they changed it to be on the Sunday before Labor Day. RUDE!!!


Disneyland has a couple of shorter distance races that are not on Sundays.

1. The Neverland 5K (in Jan.)
2. The Disneyland 5K and 10K (over Labor Day weekend)

Disney World has a few more options:

1. Disney World 1/2 Marathon, 10K, and 5K (in Jan.)
2. Disney Royal Family 5K (in Feb.)
3. Tower of Terror Twilight 10 Miler, which is run at like 10 p.m. (in Oct.)
4. Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, also at like 10 p.m. (in Nov.)

I was originally planning to do the Disney World 1/2 marathon in Jan. 2014, but my family is going to San Diego in Jan. 2014 so I don't think I'll be able to swing both. So now I've gotta decide what to do. Postpone it til 2015 or do something else? I don't think I want to go all the way to Cali or Florida for a 5K. And I kind of don't want to do one of the nighttime ones. It just seems weird to me to run at midnight. And going to Cali is MUCH cheaper than going to Florida. 

Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment