Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Fit Christy

Sometimes it doesn't seem that long ago that I was in shape enough to run a marathon (well, finish a marathon...)

And then I realize that it was 4 years, 2 kids, and 25 pounds ago. Since I moved into my new neighborhood when I was preggo with Zach, nobody around here knows the "fit Christy". They only know the "fat Christy". When I try to talk to people about races or triathlons or whatever, they kind of look at me in disbelief like, "really...you do that kind of stuff...?"

In fact, just the other day I was talking to someone who is running the same marathon that I did and I was telling her about it and it was like she did not take me seriously. And when she asked what my time was and I told her, she said, "Wow, that's a long time." NEVER say that to someone who has run a marathon. It is an accomplishment just to put in all the training and finish the darn thing--no matter how long it takes.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the day when my new neighbors get to know the "fit Christy" and not just see me as the "fat Christy". I'll show them!

1 comment:

  1. You will show them! I think it's awesome you've run a marathon! Congrats on the two pounds last week! I'm excited to hear more about your competition!

    ReplyDelete