Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

A sad realization

So I said I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant with Zach. 55 pounds to be exact. Ugh! Plus, I never lost the last 10 pounds of baby weight from my pregnancy with Emmy, so by the time I was ready to deliver Zach, I was 65 pounds over my goal weight. Yuck.

The first 25 pounds melted off like butter in the first 6 weeks after I had Zach, and I've lost 15 pounds since then, for a total of 40 pounds lost. I've still got 25 to go. But I realized that if I had only gained 30 pounds during pregnancy (like I should have) then I'd probably be at my goal already, cuz I've already lost 40 pounds total. That was a sad realization.

Another realization I had this week was that sometimes I still see myself as not that overweight. I still see myself as active and I look in the mirror and I don't think I look that bad. Until I see a picture of myself. Then I have the sad realization that I really am carrying those extra 25 pounds. Why is it that I think I look ok in the mirror but not in pictures???

Anyway, I'm starting that healthy living/weight loss competition today and I'm ready to seriously get rid of those 25 pounds!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment