Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

When your exercise plan doesn't work out

On Friday I had big plans to work out with Jillian again, and do Level 2 of the 30-Day Shred, but it never happened. Zach was crying & fussing all morning and poor Emily (my 2-year-old) got neglected. So when Zach FINALLY calmed down and went to sleep, I decided that it was more important to play with Emily than to do the workout DVD.

So instead I used Emily as my weights and did my own strength workout. I put her on my shins like this and did leg lifts and sit ups.


We pretended she was flying like an airplane. I also put her on my tummy (while lying flat on my back) and did butt lifts and I also did bench presses using her as the barbell.

It actually was a pretty good workout and she had a BLAST! She asked me to do it again later.

I found a couple of articles on incorporating kids into your workout that I liked. You can read them here and here.

If you have kids, how do you work out with them around? Or do you just work out when they're not around? (I prefer to do it when they're not around, but sometimes that doesn't happen, so these are some good ideas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment