Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 2 report & new goal

This was a really rough week. I feel like Zach has been the fussiest baby on the face of the planet, and so I have gotten a minimal amount of sleep and had a minimal amount of time to do a lot of the things I would have liked to do this week. I didn't lose any weight this week, but I didn't gain any either. And I'm totally ok with that. Sometimes you just have to survive.

WEIGH-IN
Current weight: 186 lbs.
Week's weight loss/gain: +/- 0 lbs.
Total weight loss: -4 lbs.

GOAL REPORT

1. No eating after dinner. I realized that this wasn't a very realistic goal for me to have right now. I am constantly getting interrupted during dinner and don't always finish it before having to go feed Zach or put Emily to bed or wipe up spills or whatever. So my "dinner" sometimes lasts a couple of hours before I'm actually done. Maybe I'll try this one again when dinner time is a little more stable.

2. Continue with the 30-Day Shred and try Level 2 by the end of the week.Yes! I worked out with Jillian 5 days this week, and did 2 days of Level 2. It kicked my butt, but I did it!

I also continued with my water-drinking goal and my food journal.

This week's goal is to get out of the house for a couple of hours without the kids and do something fun! Like go shopping or to a movie or get a pedicure or something. It's been over 2 months since I have done something like that, and I really think I need it right now. I think it's important (and contributes to good health) to treat yourself to some "me" time every now and then, and I'm long overdue. It's hard getting out when you have a new baby (especially if you're nursing), but I'm going to do it.

What do you do to make time for yourself?

2 comments:

  1. i just ordered Tracy Anderson's post baby dvd to try when i'm given the green light for working out post baby - my sisters all love her. it was $10 on amazon. worth a shot at least.

    and for the no eating after dinner - maybe set a time, like 8 pm, so you can worry less about shoveling your dinner in while everyone else is & just pay more attention to the time. but, personally - for me, while nursing, i would get hungry and thirsty. i would probably set a "healthy piece of fruit or veggie" goal before bed if i'm hungry, not just anything. and for sure, i'd be drinking...

    good luck - it might've not be a loss week, but it sure wasn't a gain! that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hayley! I'll have to check out that DVD. And I am definately more hungry and especially thirsty when nursing. I need to remember that when making my weekly goals. :)

    ReplyDelete