Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Healthy weight ranges

I've been doing some research on what is a healthy weight range for me to be in. For my age (32), and height (5'5"), my healthy range falls around 120-150 lbs. I'm aiming to be at the top of that range because I've been there before and it felt good, and I didn't feel deprived. With my first weight-loss attempt, I tried to get closer to the bottom of that range, and it just wasn't working. I'd rather have a lifestyle I can really live with and be closer to the top.

Here's an example of one chart I was looking at:


I've also been researching how much is a healthy weight loss, and from what I've read, it seems 1-3 pounds per week is a healthy amount to lose. BUT...not for nursing moms. Nursing moms should be losing more like 1 pound per week. I'm ok with that. I definitely want to make sure Zach is getting what he needs.

2 comments:

  1. i'm a hair short of 5'8" - and my goal was about 160, so i hope i can do that sometime in 2013. at least get somewhere near there! what's sad is that until i hit 25, i was under the healthy range. then all of a sudden my metabolism slowed WAY DOWN and i stopped being a picky eater... that was a nasty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like the low end of the range is SO LOW! I can't even imagine weighing 114, like the bottom of my range indicates.

    ReplyDelete