Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Running

It really was only like 4 months ago that I started running again. Before that I couldn't really run a mile without dying. (Well, since before Zach anyway.) And since then, I've had some pretty good runs. The AF Canyon 1/2 marathon, some fun runs on the Jordan River Parkway trail, and most recently the Deseret News 10K!

I ran this one with my dad last week and I actually beat him! For the first time EVER! By like 4 minutes! Maybe I will actually have a chance at winning the $100 for beating him in a triathlon this year. This is always a fun race because the last 2 miles are along the parade route. It's fun to see all the people camped out and some even bring squirt bottles to cool you off!

I also went on a run with my dad a couple of weeks ago at our cabin. We did 5 miles at 8500 feet along a very hilly, dirt mountain road. It was beautiful!



We ran down one hill, into a valley, up another hill and back again. It was hard, but I did it! I'm glad I have gotten back into running enough to be in shape enough to enjoy it again. And I've found a running buddy! Finally! We are going to run together every Tuesday morning. Yay for running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment