Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

New eating plan & chocolate milkshakes

So at the end of Week 3 of the competition, I am down another pound, bringing me to 171. I've lost 4 pounds so far in the competition, which I am happy with. Although I think some people lost more than that the first week! Oh well. And I'm 19 pounds down from when I started this blog.

So I mentioned that they are changing the rules for this thing and now we get points for following an "eating plan". I am choosing to count calories using My Fitness Pal. I debated between that and Sparkpeople and BabyFit (a program for nursing or pregnant moms). We'll see how I like it. I chose it because although it doesn't have as many features as the others, it seems a bit simpler to use.

But the best part about having an "eating plan" is that I got THIS BABY to keep track of it all:



Yes, I totally got myself a tablet. One of the minis. So far I am loving it. It was hard for me to track anything online because my computer is in the basement and it just wasn't possible to run down there every time I ate something. But I can keep this in the kitchen and just hurry and enter stuff in.

And I also made my own "chocolate milkshake" today that was pretty tasty, so I thought I'd share. It had 1 frozen banana, 1 cup milk, 1 Tbsp cocoa, a small handful of ice, and 1 Tbsp flaxseed.

It could have been a little sweeter. Next time I may try adding a bit of honey. But really, it was pretty excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment