Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Halfway

We are halfway through the health challenge, and after 4 weeks I am down to 169! That's 2 pounds this week, and 6 total since I started. Good riddance to the 170's!

And at the halfway point, I took my measurements again.

Waist: 32.5 (-.5")
Hips: 42.5 (-.5")
Chest: 33 (-1.5")

Total inches: -2.5 (and total since post-baby is 8.5)

I am happy with how this is going. It really has been motivating. As far as I know, I'm still not winning, but I keep trying to do better each week in hopes of creeping up in the standings. My hope when I started this was to lose 10 pounds in the 8 weeks of the competition, and I'm over halfway there.

This weekend is going to be hard though...I've got a wedding today, family BBQ and birthday party tomorrow, and Mother's Day Sunday. I already had to pass up cookies, donuts, pie, and Kneader's pancakes. Sigh...

I read a post recently about things we can be proud of when working on weight loss and healthy living. The one that stuck out the most was "Here's to you for EARNING it when others don't have to." Sometimes I get frustrated about how some people don't have to work at it to be skinny. I see them eating their cookies and fried chicken and not sweating during their "workout". I know I shouldn't judge, but sometimes it's frustrating. Granted, I'm sure they struggle with other things that may come easily for me. But still, it made me feel better to know that I am working hard and earning it. (I hope that doesn't offend anybody. I don't mean for it to.)

And...I also hit the halfway mark in my weight loss goal since I started this blog. 21 pounds down, 19 pounds to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment