Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My sweet new ride

For Christmas I asked for a gift card to Salt Lake Running Company so I could get a sweet new ride...aka...some new running shoes. I finally went and used it last night and got these babies...

The Brooks Ravenna 4. Don't they look awesome? I have had 2 pairs of Brooks shoes before and loved them. I used the Defyance 2's to run my marathon and loved them. Anyway, I've never been disappointed with Brooks and so I hope I will like these ones. I went for a 4-miler this morning and they felt pretty good. I was able to run for 40 minutes with only stopping to walk twice for 1 min! There was a little weird feeling in my big toe, but I'm not sure if that was the shoe or because I went harder today or because they're not broken in yet or what. I'm going to give them a couple more shots this week and see if it persists.

And if you've never been to Salt Lake Running Company and you're in the market for new running shoes, I highly recommend them. They are awesome! They tape you running so you can watch how your feet strike down and your stride and what shoes would be best for your particular foot strike and stride. And they want you to get something that you love, so if they're not working you can go exchange them for something else. Good shoes are expensive (around $100) but they are worth it!

What is your favorite running shoe? or store?

No comments:

Post a Comment