Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Deprived and moving on

So I've accepted the fact that I'm not going to win this competition. I had a little breakdown about it last weekend and I almost quit and gave in and ate sugar even though it wasn't my free day. At Sunday dinner everyone else was enjoying cheesecake and I felt deprived. My sugar-free fudgesicle just wasn't cutting it.

I moped about it for a day or two and then got over it. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I really wanted some cheesecake and I was annoyed that I had already used my free day and I didn't get to have some. And I was annoyed that I hadn't lost any weight last week. Anyway, the point is that I didn't give in and got over it.

And it paid off this week...I'm down another pound. To 168. And I ran 5 miles! I haven't done that in a LONG time.

How do you get over feeling deprived (or frustrated) when everyone is eating cheesecake and you feeling sad because you are having a sugar-free fudge bar that just isn't hitting the spot and you're frustrated that you're not seeing the results you're hoping for?

Some people in my competition group shared some ideas. One friend said she looks at her "before" pictures and realizes that even if you're not losing that week, at least you're not gaining. Another said she doesn't think about the results, but more about the process and how far she has come and how much healthier she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment