Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Non-scale victories

I'm still in 4th place. I really need to send some cheesecake or something to the top 3 so I can pull ahead! But despite that, I have a few victories that I wanted to share.

1. I am up to 5 min jogging and 1 min walking for 40 minutes. And this morning during my run, I felt like it wasn't hard! Usually I'm dying by the end of my "run" period and can't wait for the walk break, but this time I was ok!

2. I have started counting calories using My Fitness Pal, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I've made better choices because of it. Like I wanted to have a Costco muffin yesterday, but I looked it up before eating it and it was like 650 calories! So I didn't. And I'm loving my tablet.

I really think it's important to acknowledge the good things you're doing and take pride in those rather than focusing on the numbers on the scale (or the fact that you're in 4th place). Sometimes that's easier said than done, but I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment