Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shoes

I think my feet grew with this last pregnancy because most of my shoes don't fit anymore. I've heard that your feet can grow with pregnancy, but does anyone know if they can shrink back, or is it a permanent change? Has anyone ever had this happen?

I've read some stuff on it and some say that yes, it's permanent, and others say no, it's not. I have lots of shoes that I love and I don't want to get rid of them if there's hope that my feet will shrink back into them. But at the same time, if they never will, I might as well make more room in my closet and get some shoes that fit! And learn to let go of my cute shoes. (Although that is going to be really hard!)

Sometimes I can be really quick to get rid of stuff, and then I regret it. Like when I got rid of all my "too-big" clothes the first time I lost a bunch of weight. Well, they really would come in handy now! But other times I hold on to stuff for way too long. Like the box of jeans I found when I moved that I'd been saving for like 10 years!

How do you decide when it's time to purge stuff? 

1 comment:

  1. I thought mine grew, but they shrunk back after, and I think it was more related to swelling. My mom, however, grew a half a shoe size with each of her pregnancies--started at 8.5/9 and ended at a 9.5/10. Sorry, that doesn't really help! I'd say give it time though before you throw them out... maybe a year? Till you're done nursing? Till you've met your goal weight? I really have no idea! As long as you always have a pair of running shoes that fit though you should be good, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete