Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 11

WEIGH-IN
Current weight: 179 lbs.
Week's weight loss/gain: -1 lb.
Total weight loss: -11 lbs.

Hey, one pound is one pound! Woot woot! Now I'm in the 170's! Good riddance forever 180's!!!

GOAL REPORT  
Recognize the good things I'm doing. I really tried to acknowledge the good choices I was making this week. Like....going to a new class at the gym even though I was tired, reading my scriptures almost every day, eating only one piece of pie at Allison's wedding, taking dinner to the neighbors, actually resting when I was sick instead of trying to plow through, cleaning the house...

Oh, and speaking of Allison's wedding, even though I wasn't where I wanted to be on this journey, I had fun at the wedding, tried to look my best, and didn't worry about what other people thought.



Matt and I without our kids! We actually paid for a babysitter so we could go and enjoy the reception (and not get spit-up on our nice clothes!)

Me and my sisters and sisters-in-law.
Anyway, recognizing the positive was a really good thing, and something I really should do on a regular basis. While we're on this subject, I was really inspired by this blog post by an awesome former student of mine. She basically talked about recognizing and appreciating yourself for the great person you are. It was a great reminder! I was also really inspired by another blog post by another former BYUSA student. She talked about how if we are talking negatively about ourselves and our body image, we're only teaching our beautiful children to do the same. And that is the last thing I want! She talked about how while she was frowning at herself in the mirror because of the "extras" she had from having a baby, her baby was smiling at herself in the mirror. Oh the things we learn from our children! Anyway, go read these posts, they are really eye-opening!


NEW GOAL(s) 
Give up seconds for Lent. Lent starts this week. On Wednesday. No, I'm not Catholic, but I do try to give something up each year for the 40 days of Lent, just for kicks. Last year, I gave up sugar. This year, I decided to give up seconds. So, starting Wednesday, I will not be having more than one plate of food. Now, there is an exception to this rule. If I am really still hungry, I can have more fruits or veggies or a piece of bread. But only one serving of the main dish. Or the dessert or whatever else. I REALLY need to work on portion control.


Are you going to give up something for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment