Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Strike! and daycares

So I've been trying a new class at the gym. It's called Strike! It's kickboxing based, but has some cardio intervals and then there's some strength intervals with weighted gloves and a weighted bar. It's pretty intense, but I liked it.

However, I took Emmy and Zach to the daycare at the gym for the first time, and when I came back, Emmy's face was all red and scratched up and her hair was a mess, as if her pigtails had been pulled. Now, honestly I don't know if someone else scratched her face and pulled her hair or if she did it to herself. (If she was crying and really upset, she could have done it herself.) She is really shy and has a hard time with new people and places.

Anyway, I'm pretty upset about it. I wish I knew if someone else did it to her. I WAS NOT impressed by the daycare at all. Actually, the baby room was amazing....Zach was perfectly content and happy and well-attended to. The toddler room was a joke...too many kids, not enough workers, it was loud, and I don't know if some mean kid hurt my Emmy! I wish they'd let her go in the baby room with Zach. Maybe I need to ask.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to do about this. If I should give it another try, check out a different gym's daycare, or bag the whole idea. Do you take your kids to a gym daycare?

2 comments:

  1. I had several friends do the gym daycare and not a one of them had anything good to say about it. Yet, they still always dropped their kids off which was always mind boggling to me. Could you go before Matt leaves for work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to go before Matt goes to work, but I just cannot get up that early until Zach starts sleeping through the night.

    ReplyDelete