Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Workout routine

During the health competition, my usual workout routine went something like this...

Sunday: Wrestle with 2 kids at church...ha!
Monday: Clean the house, do the laundry, do 10-20 min of weights, lunges, pushups, situps, etc., maybe walk to the park.
Tuesday: Get to the gym by 6 a.m. and run (3-4 miles) then sometimes do some leg strengthening exercises. 7:30 p.m: go back to the gym and go to Strike class (a high-intensity interval class).
Wednesday: Usually do a Jillian DVD or the elliptical, maybe walk to the park.
Thursday: Mornings the same as Tuesdays and then yoga class at night.
Friday: Same as Wednesdays, plus maybe some weights or abs or something.
Saturday: Run outside or go for a bike ride and do yard work.

I'm not sure Zach was quite ready for the bike trailer....
Tuesdays and Thursdays are my gym days, and on those days I really work hard! And Saturdays too. (Matt and I switch off which weekday mornings we get to go.) The days where I have to work out at home are much harder. But I really need to step it up and get into a better "home day" routine.

I was hoping to start riding my bike more on my non-gym days, but I took Zach in the trailer last week and I'm not quite sure he's ready yet. Maybe I'll give it another month...or figure out how to prop him up better so he's not slouching and his helmet doesn't fall down over his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment