Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

The final results

So this health challenge is over! I didn't win, but I am really happy with the results I got from this challenge. I actually came in 2nd for weight loss at 6% (the winner was a MAN and lost 6.48%, so I came in 1st for the females!). I came in 4th for points...and I was a far ways off from the winner. My final weigh-in was 165.5!!! That's a 9.5-lb loss in 8 weeks. My goal was 10, but I'm happy with 9.5.

So that means that I've lost a total of 24.5 pounds in this journey (since Thanksgiving).

And my final measurements for the challenge are:

Waist: 32 (-1")
Hips: 40.75 (-2.25")
Chest: 31.5 (-3")

For a total of 6.25" lost in this 8-week challenge, and 12.25" total since Thanksgiving. I'd say that's pretty darn good. Here are the before/after pictures. I still have a long way to go, but at least it's not nearly as long as it was 8 weeks ago!

The pics on the left are the "before" and the ones on the right are "after" (in case you couldn't tell!)
Although I can't see a huge difference (besides how tan I have gotten...ha!), I can see a small one and my clothes are starting to fit better. But the important thing is that I have made so much progress in eating better and exercising.

In the past 56 days of this challenge I:

-drank at least 64 oz of water every day
-ate at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies EVERY DAY
-wrote down everything I have eaten for 56 days
-haven't eaten after 9 p.m. every day
-had contact with someone else doing this challenge every day (to encourage each other)
-had 8 "free days" where I could eat whatever (and I totally took advantage of that!)
-went most of the days with NO SUGAR (44 of the 56 days)
-started using My Fitness Pal to count calories. (This started on Week 4, so that means I did it for 35 days.)
-exercised most days
-started seriously running again and made it up to 8.4 miles! (And signed myself up for a 1/2 marathon!)
-I still ate out at least 2 times a week (that is a challenge for another time....)

Anyway, I'd say it was a success. It wasn't easy by any means, but it was good. Now I've got to stay motivated to keep it up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! You look great!! I can totally see a big difference! And you rocked it on both weight and inches! It's so fun to watch your journey, so thanks for sharing. You really do inspire me to be better and work harder. Can't wait to hear about your half!! that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete