Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

6 Week Shape-up

For the past few weeks I have really been struggling to stay on track. And I've gained a few pounds back. :(  So.....I've decided to do a 6 week shape-up.  I really wanted to join this 6-week Bootcamp program...I even found a coupon for 50% off. It would still be expensive, but not as bad as paying full price. And they get you RESULTS! But the problem was that the coupon was only good for the 7 or 8 a.m. time. And it's 4 days a week for 6 weeks for an hour. Since that is after Matt needs to leave for work, I don't know what I'd do with my kiddos. If they would have let me use it for the 6 a.m. time, I would have done it. Sigh.

So, I'm doing my own 6 week shape-up. I'm sure it's not going to get me as good of results as Bootcamp, but my goal is to be in the 150s by the end of this 6 weeks (August 2). And then I am (hopefully) going on VACATION!!!!

Here's the tracker I made to keep myself accountable. I'm going to put it up in the kitchen.
So basically I am committing to 6 weeks of:

-80 oz. water daily
-5 fruits/veggies daily
-daily scripture reading
-exercise 5 days a week for 45 min (plus strength training)
-and TRACK MY CALORIES daily using My Fitness Pal
-not eating sugar except for once a week (or 6 total times in the 6 weeks)

I'm planning on doing this arm workout 3X a week for part of my strength training (thanks Hayley for sharing!)



I am going to start triathlon training for my cardio. My dad offered to give me $100 if I beat him in a triathlon this year. In 2009, I almost beat him...I was like 3 minutes too slow. (He actually has had this offer for several years now, but it expires when he turns 60. In February. So this is the year to do it!)

Who wants to join me in a 6 week shape up? Or give me a really awesome prize in 6 weeks when I complete this challenge?

1 comment:

  1. i have had donuts and crap today already. but... i am going to start today. i'm printing off that chart of yours. i like it. thanks for sharing.

    i'm going to start doing arms, too. i loved that arm routine!

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete