Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Material Motivation

Call me materialistic, but sometimes buying something new is really motivating to me. A new workout outfit, a new fitness gadget, new shoes, or whatever is sometimes just the thing to get me out of a rut.

I just bought myself a "get back in shape" present that I'm really excited about. A Garmin GPS running watch. They just came out with a new one, the Garmin Forerunner 10.

It tracks my mileage, pace, calories burned, and I can set goals of how fast/slow I want to go, and it will tell me if I'm on target or not. I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet, but I'm excited to get running again! I'll post a better review once I get a chance to test it out more.

What about you? Do you use material motivation? Do you think it works to get you going? What are some of your favorites? What about using it as a reward for reaching certain milestones?

No comments:

Post a Comment