Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I went to my 6-week, post-baby checkup yesterday and got cleared to start exercising again. This is it, no more excuses. I need to start sometime, even if it's with small things. So yesterday I started keeping a food journal, having a 90 oz. water drinking goal, and today I started exercising. Those are the goals for this week. I gotta start with baby steps...journaling, drinking water, and doing some form of exercise.

I'm not gonna lie, yesterday was hard. I struggled with not eating junk. My 6-week-old baby has been SUPER fussy so I finally took him into the doctor to see if anything can be done to help him. Between that appointment, and my own doctor's appointment, I was on the go for a lot of the day.

I gave in and went to the drive-thru at Wendy's for lunch. But I got a small chili and a grilled chicken wrap. I dub that as a pretty decent choice. And I threw something in the crockpot for dinner, so when I got home from the doctor, I had something ready to go. I could have done better, but I could have done worse. And I wrote everything down in my food journal. I'm counting it as a good first day.

Today I got up early and did my first post-baby workout. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Level 1. Honestly, I felt kind of lame because I was struggling to do this workout, and remembering that back in my fitter days, this was an easy one. But I can't compare myself to then. So I'm considering it a good workout.

So all in all, I'd say....so far, so good. And I'm back in the saddle again.

And as much as I hate to do this, and as ugly as it is, I'm going to post my "BEFORE" weight and measurements. It'll keep me accountable, right?

Starting weight: 190 lbs
Waist: 36"
Hips: 44"
Bust: 42"

GOAL WEIGHT = 150 lbs. That means I've got 40 to lose.

And here's the "BEFORE" picture. It's not pretty, I'm warning you, but it'll be something to start from, and a good way to see my progress.)

Halloween, October 31, 2012. (2 weeks post-baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment