Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Operation: Get Healthy (Again)

So, what is this all about anyway? The Wellness Revolution is my effort to get myself healthy again--physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I believe that physical health is really only part of the key to being healthy. It's got to be driven by the other aspects in order to be effective and lasting.

I used to be healthy. And then life took over, and my wellness fell by the wayside. I can pretty much pinpoint this to having my first child. Becoming a mother was such a huge change in my life, and it was a big challenge. I didn't quite know how to deal with all the new responsibilities and struggles of being a mother, yet leave room for taking care of myself. And to be honest, I still don't. But it's time to figure it out.

Motherhood is hard for me. To some, it comes natural, but for me, it's a challenge. Don't get me wrong, I love my children to death, and wouldn't trade them for anything. And it's partly for them that I want to get healthy again. I don't want them to have a lazy, dragging, tired mom. I want to have more energy to play and run with them. I want them to see a confident, beautiful, vibrant, healthy mom who loves life (and her body), teaches them healthy habits, and encourages them not to be lazy (like I have been lately), but to live up to their potential.

I'm tired of being lazy. I'm tired of my health taking a backseat in my life. It's time to make it a priority again. I just gave birth to my second child. I gained a lot of weight and developed a lot of unhealthy habits during my pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like when I had kids, my body was not my own anymore. It's time to regain control and start developing those healthy habits again. I know it's going to be hard, but I believe it will be worth it.

And so The Wellness Revolution is born. I'm going to document my journey--the good, the bad, and probably even the ugly at times. And I hope it will give me the support, accountability, and motivation I need to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment