Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Third time's the charm

This is not my first time trying to get in shape and get healthy. I've been at it twice before.

The first time I lost about 50 lbs. I felt great! I learned how to eat healthy, how to exercise...I even ran a marathon.

Weight Loss Attempt #1

Then I got pregnant with my first child and gained most of it back. I did ok at exercising throughout the pregnancy, but once my little girl was born, it was SO HARD to get back on track.

Weight Loss Attempt #2

But I did ok, lost most of the baby weight and even completed a 100-mile bike race and got back up to running a 10K distance. But I never got back to where I wanted to be before I got pregnant again.

But throughout this most recent pregnancy, I felt so miserable throughout the entire 9 months that I was not able to exercise much and was too tired, sick and lazy to cook very well.

Which brings me to now. The third go-around of this whole weight loss thing. Only this time, I want to focus more on just being healthy. Yes, I want to lose weight, but the more important thing is to become healthy again. Both physically and mentally. No more laziness. I'm not quite sure exactly how I'm going to do it, but I NEED to, which is why I started this blog. So, here's for hoping the third time's the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment